Finally, the commercial real estate industry has a professional certification that provides early recognition for foundational knowledge and guides the next generation of property managers toward greater responsibility and success in their careers: the Certified Manager of Commercial Properties (CMCP).
Why the CMCP™ Certification Is Right for You!
- CMCP™ is the only certification of its kind for early-career commercial property managers – you may qualify with as little as one year’s experience
- Instantly communicates your ability to be an effective commercial property manager with a strong understanding of the responsibilities of the role
- Offers recognition early in your career and increases your value to your company and the industry
- Signals to employers you have the potential to advance and grow in your career and can navigate the fast-changing world of commercial real estate
- Boosts confidence by validating your knowledge of fundamental commercial real estate operations and management principles
- May increase your chances for promotion and/or additional responsibilities and opportunities
See Local Chapter Classes Here
As of January 4, 2021, BOMI has made the following changes to their educational experience for both the RPA and FMA designations:
- All course exams will now be taken in BOMI's learning portal
- Learners can take their exam immediately after finishing their course no scheduling is needed
- No travel time or expense, saving seven visits to a Pearson VUE testing center
- Course exams are timed, but not proctored, reducing test anxiety
Capstone Experience Form
We've modified the RPA® and FMA® Experience Form for the Capstone program to require employment verification history only.
· No notary required
· No employer skill-evaluation required
The Capstone Experience Exam
Maintaining program integrity and credibility is the highest priority for BOMI International. Under the new program, once all RPA® and/or FMA® course requirements are complete, learners will take a culminating RPA®/FMA® Capstone Experience Exam. The RPA®/FMA® Capstone Experience Exam includes:
· Two-hour, 100-question multiple-choice exam
· Proctored exam to be taken at Pearson VUE
· Questions are application-based, using scenarios that rely on the learners' three years of experience in commercial property and facility management
· Optional Online Self-Paced Capstone Experience Exam prep courses are available for the RPA® and FMA®
What if I am currently enrolled in the RPA® or FMA® designation?
Current learners can opt-in to the new Capstone Experience program. Those who wish to stay with their current program have until December 31, 2021, to complete their designation. New learners as of January 1, 2022, will automatically be enrolled in the Capstone Experience program.
For more information, please feel free to reach out to us or by reading all about the changes here!